Escape to the serene beauty of Northern New Mexico and experience a unique stay in our tipi nestled in the heart of the mountains on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation near Archuleta Mesa aka the Dulce UFO Underground Base. Our tipi offers a one-of-a-kind getaway where you can connect with nature and immerse yourself in the rich culture of this sacred land.
The Space: Our 26 ft. tipi is designed for comfort and relaxation while providing an authentic Native American experience. Here, you'll find:
- Accommodation: The tipi comfortably accommodates up to four guests with cozy sleeping arrangements. Inside the tipi, you'll find comfortable bedding, warm Pendleton blankets, and soft pillows to ensure a restful night's sleep.
- Outdoor Fire Pit: Enjoy evenings around the outdoor fire pit, perfect for roasting marshmallows, storytelling, or simply taking in the peaceful ambiance.
- BBQ Grill: We provide a propane grill, and spatula for BBQ meals.
- Keurig Coffee Machine with Cups: We offer a selection of K-cups for our guests, including bottled water, and a snack bar. Perfect for watching the sunrise while listening to the ambiance created by the birds.
- Solar-Powered Lights: We offer solar-powered lights outside the tipi, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere as the sun sets.
- Outhouse Bathroom: A clean and well-maintained outhouse is located nearby for your convenience. The local Dulce laundry mat provides showers.
Location: Our tipi is located on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation, offering a truly unique cultural experience. Wake up to breathtaking panoramic views of Archuleta Mesa Mountain, where you can watch the sunrise and stargaze at night from the comfort of your tipi. Explore the natural beauty of the area by fishing at Mundo Lake, bird watching or simply meditating in the tranquility of the surroundings. Don't forget to respect the land and the local traditions during your stay. A fishing permit is required by the Jicarilla Game & Fish Department.
- Archuleta Mesa: Explore the mystical Archuleta Mesa, which has been featured on national TV shows for being known at the Dulce UFO Underground Base. Non-tribal members are not allowed to explore the Reservation without a Jicarilla Apache member. You can drive from County Road 357 to Highway 84 towards Pagosa Springs, Colorado to explore the area.
- Rio Chama River: Take a short drive to the Rio Chama River for kayaking, fishing, or simply picnicking by the water's edge. Chama is also a great place to grab some food!
- Carson National Forest: Embark on hiking trails through the Carson National Forest and discover the diverse flora and fauna of the region.
- Jicarilla Apache Cultural Heritage Center: Visit to purchase authentic Jicarilla Apache baskets, beadwork, and artwork.
- Pagosa Springs Hot Springs: Pagosa is in Colorado and is about a 48-minute drive from the tipi’s location. You can take the main Highway or County Road 357 to get there. The County Road is known to the locals as the “shortcut”. Either way, both routes are very beautiful.
- This is a semi-remote and off-grid location. Please be prepared for a rustic experience with access to electricity inside the tipi. We recommend bringing a cooler with food and drinks.
- Respect for the land and its cultural significance is of utmost importance. Please follow any guidelines or restrictions provided by the local Jicarilla Apache Nation.
- Note that the weather in the mountains can be unpredictable, so come prepared with appropriate clothing and gear.
- Please be aware of wildlife in the area.
Join us for a unique and culturally enriching experience in our mountain Dulce Base Tipi. Book your stay now and create lasting memories in the heart of Northern New Mexico's natural beauty and Jicarilla Apache heritage. You never know what kind of sighting you will discover whether it’s underneath the stars or in broad daylight! We look forward to hosting you!