Spider Rock Campground, a magical raw landscape, nestled in a natural wooded area of the Tse Ho Tso Plateau at Canyon de Chelly National Monument, features more than 30 spacious RV and tent camping sites for you to choose from. Spider Rock Campground is open every day throughout the year. The winter months are some of the most stunning and peaceful at Canyon de Chelly, especially when it snows.
For tent and RV campers who love the crisp air, it’s “business as usual” in the wintertime!
For your camping comfort, we also have a number of cozy fork hogans, which were built by hand by the campground owner using local materials. Each hogan includes an interior wood burning stove to help you keep warm. Small hogans sleep 1 or 2 people; large hogans are suitable for up to 4 campers.
- Small Hogan: Sleeps 1-2
- Medium Hogan: Sleeps 1-4
- Large Hogan: Sleeps up to 6
*** Rates vary depending on season.
About the Facilities
- Campfires: Each campsite features an open fire pit; small fires are permitted if the weather is not too dry. Firewood is available at the campground for $6 per bundle. Wood collecting or breaking tree branches is not allowed.
- Solar-heated showers: are available for $3 per person.
- Tent rental: tents may be rented for $9.00 per night.
- Cold sodas, drinking water, and snacks are available for purchase at the campground. (The nearest grocery store is in Chinle, outside the park.)
- Pets are welcome, but should be leashed at all times. The campground is located within an open grazing area; cows, sheep, horses, and wildlife may wander through camping areas
If you send an e-mail, be sure to include:
- Travel dates
- Number of people
- Number of sites
- Types of site(s)
- Such as tent camping
- RV or Hogan
- You’re interested in
- How you would prefer to be contacted.
*** Please be advised that there are NO ELECTRIC HOOK-UPS at the campground. Water fill-up and dump station are available***
Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Owner and Manager Spider Rock Campground